* Exported from MasterCook II *
Zucchini with Vinegar and Mint
Recipe By : Marcella Hazan, Marcella's Kitchen
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :2:00
Categories : Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 Kilograms Zucchini -- (45 ounces)
4 Cloves Garlic,Peeled & Crushed
2 Tablespoons Mint Leaves,Fresh,Torn into Bits
Vegetable Oil for frying
3 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
100 Grams Tagliatelle Pasta / Person -- (3 ounces)
1) Wash the zucchini in cold water. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and slice them into thin rounds. Sprinkle the rounds with salt, put them in a colander and set them in the sink to drain for at least 30 minutes.
2) Crush the garlic into a large serving bowl and add the mint leaves.
3) Put vegetable oil into a heavy frying pan to a depth of about 1/2 inch and turn the heat to medium.
4) Remove the zucchini from the colander and pat them dry. When the oil is very hot, put as many of the rounds into the pan as will fit without much overlapping. Cook the rounds on both sides until each side has become coloured a light golden brown.
5) Transfer them with a slotted spoon to the bowl with the garlic and mint and sprinkle with a little vinegar. Put another batch of raw zucchini into the pan and repeat the whole process. As more cooked zucchini are added to the bowl, sprinkle with more vinegar and mix well.
6) When all the zucchini are done and in the bowl, add the olive oil and mix well.
7) Serve as the sauce for tagliatelle pasta.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -