* Exported from MasterCook II *
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Santacafe
Recipe By : Santacafe, Santa Fe, New Mexico,
Gourmet - December 1992
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :2:00
Categories : Pies
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs -- Crust
1 Cup Slivered Blanched Almonds -- Crust
1/4 Cup Butter,Clarified (in its liquid form) -- Crust
225 Grams Fine-Quality White Chocolate -- (8 ounces)
900 Grams Cream Cheese,Softened -- (2 pounds)
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 Large Eggs,Whole
2 Large Egg Yolks
2 Tablespoons Flour,All-Purpose
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Liter Raspberries,Fresh -- (1 quart)
Make the crust:
1) In a food processor, blend together the graham cracker crumbs and almonds until the almonds are ground fine.
2) Add the butter and combine the mixture well.
3) Press the mixture onto the bottom and two thirds of the way up the side of a 10-inch springform pan.
Make the filling:
4) In a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate, stirring until it is smooth, then remove the bowl from the heat.
5) In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is light and fluffy.
6) Add the sugar and beat in the whole eggs and egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
7) Beat in the flour and vanilla and add the melted chocolate in a slow stream, beating until the filling is combined well.
8) Scatter the raspberries over the bottom of the crust, pour the filling over them, and bake the cheesecake in the middle of the oven preheated to 120° C (250° F) for 1 hour, or until the top is firm to the touch.
9) Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack, chill it, covered loosely, overnight, then remove the side of the pan.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : I personally think this cheesecake would taste better with
a normal graham cracker crust or, alternatively, try adding a bit of sugar
to the crust in this recipe before pressing it into the pan.