* Exported from MasterCook II *
Recipe By : Roberta Young
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :3:00
Categories : Breads
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Butter
1 Package Yeast,Active Dry
2 1/4 Cups Flour,All-Purpose
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon,Ground
2 Tablespoons Butter
1) Scald milk. Remove from heat and add sugar, salt and butter. Cool to lukewarm.
2) Sprinkle yeast into 1/4 cup warm water. Blend in cooled milk mixture. Add egg and 1 1/2 cups of the flour and beat until smooth.
3) Stir in 1/2 cup flour. Turn dough onto floured board and knead in approximately 1/4 cup more flour. Knead until smooth and satiny and bubbles begin to break on surface of the dough.
4) Place in a buttered bowl. Turn over once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
5) Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. If you will be adding raisins, soak them first in some hot water to make them soft and plump.
6) Punch the dough down. Turn out onto floured board and roll into a rectangle. Sprinkle rectangle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture (and the raisins). Roll one of the long sides of the rectangle toward you, tightly into a jelly roll.
7) Use string (dental floss works great) to cut 1 1/2 inch slices from the roll (put the string under the roll and cross the two ends on top, pulling in opposite directions so that string slices through the dough). Place the slices slightly apart on a greased square pan. Put in a warm place and let rise until doubled (about 40 minutes).
8) Bake at 190° C (375° F) until golden brown (25 to 30 minutes?).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -