* Exported from MasterCook II *
Strawberry Glace Pie
Recipe By : Roberta Young and Marian Russell
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Fruit Pies
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
9 Inch Pie Crust, pre-baked
1 Quart Strawberries
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
200 Grams Cream Cheese -- (7 ounces)
1) Wash, drain and hull the strawberries, reserving some of the nicer whole berries for garnishing (the number will vary depending on the size of the berries - up to 19 berries if they are small - if the berries are large, you may wish to cut them in half before using as a garnish).
2) Cut the remaining berries into bite-sized pieces. Mix the sugar with the cut berries, cover, and set aside while you make the pie crust (see directions below).
3) In a small pan, blend the cornstarch with a couple of tablespoons of water until smooth and strain the juice from the cut strawberries into the pan. There should be approximately 8 ounces of strawberry juice. Bring this mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool.
4) Spread softened cream cheese on the bottom of the pie shell.
5) Mix the cut strawberries with the cooked strawberry juice. Put the mixture into the pie shell and garnish with the reserved berries.
6) Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours), then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
1 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. shortening
2 T. water
Mix as for pastry, roll out dough, fit into pie shell, and bake 8-10 minutes at 240° C (475° F).
NOTE: The pie crust will shrink down the sides of the pie plate when baked, but you can minimize this by pricking the shell all over with a fork (prick even up the sides of the shell).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -