* Exported from MasterCook II *
Recipe By : Rose's Christmas Cookies
Serving Size : 22 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 Cup Almond Slivers, Blanched
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup Sugar
6 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Egg White, Beaten
1) Heat the oven to 150° C (300° F). Bake almonds on a cookie sheet, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2) Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together.
3) In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and flufffy. Beat in egg and vanilla till well blended. On low speed beat in flour mixture till incorporated.
4) Refrigate dough for 1 hour.
5) Measure 22 level teaspoons of dough for the bottoms.
As you shape each piece of dough, knead it by flattening it between your
palms and then rolling it into a ball. Place each ball on the cookie
sheet, pressing it to flatten to about a 1/8 inch thick. Using your
fingers, shape the dough into a triangular form with rounded corners, 2
inches long by 1 1/2 inches at its widest point. Leave about 1 inch
between the cookies.
6) Place 3 choc chips in a row, points down, toward the wide end of the triangle. To create a knuckle effect place 3 more chips point up, directly on top of the first 3. The chips will be sanwiched in by the top cookie dough.
7) For the tops of the cookies, measure 22 slighly rounded teaspoons of dough. Shape the dough as for the bottoms, but shape them a little larger and thicker at the widest part so they will drape over the chips. Starting at the pointed end of the triangle, place the cookie tops over the bottoms, matching the shapes and covering the entire botytom. Press lightly around the edges to seal them. Using your thumb, press down the dough in the longer area between the choc chips and the pointed end to flatten and shape them to resemble paws. Don't worry if a little choc shows through. Firmly press in 4 almond slivers between and on either side of the chocolate chips to form the claws.
8) In a small bowl, stir together the sugar & cinnamon. Brush surface of the dough lightly witht beaten egg white, and dust the cookies with the cin sugar. You will need only about 1 tablespoon, so reserve the remainder for other cookies.
9) Bake in a preheated 180° C (350° F) oven for 20 -30 min or till golden. Rotate for even baking.
10) Store in an airtight container or freeze.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : 22-2 inch cookies - Make ahead of time