* Exported from MasterCook II *
Roast Lamb Dinner
Recipe By : John Russell
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :3:00
Categories : Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Leg Lamb
Potatoes for Roasting -- (2 large per person)
1) Rub salt and pepper into the meat and rub with corn oil.
2) Roast in a moderate oven (180° C (350° F)) for 25 minutes per 1/2 kilo (1 pound), plus an additional 25 minutes. If using hot air and a meat thermometer, start the joint at 180° C (350° F) for the first hour, then reduce heat to 160° C (325° F). The joint is ready when the meat thermometer reads 180° F.
3) Parboil (10 minutes) potatoes for roasting. Oil them well, either with oil from the lamb juices or with corn oil and add to the roasting pan approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the end of the cooking time. Potatoes should be turned every 20 minutes or so.
4) 1/2 hour before meat is finished prepare and boil vegetable accompaniment (e.g., brocolli, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, carrots). Keep the liquid from boiled vegetables for the gravy.
5) Remove the meat and potatoes from the pan and place on a serving dish. Add enough corn flour to the pan juices to absorb most of the liquid. Brown the corn flour in the roasting pan on top of the stove. Add liquid from the vegetables and bring to the boil. Add more water if too thick, or more corn flour (mixed with water first to remove lumps) if it seems too thin. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -