* Exported from MasterCook II *
Recipe By : Claudia Roden - Mediterranean
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :2:00
Categories : Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
250 Grams Plain Flour -- (9 ounces)
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Packet Yeast,Dried
125 Milliliters Warm Water -- (4 1/2 ounces)
1 Pinch Sugar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1) Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 a glass of the measured water, together with a pinch of sugar to activate it.
2) Measure the flour into a bowl with the salt.
3) When the yeast begins to froth, pour it into the flour. Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of the olive oil and just enough water to make a firm dough. Mix it all together with a fork. If the dough becomes too sticky, add a little more flour.
4) Knead well for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Pour a drop of the remaining oil in the bowl and roll the dough in it to prevent a dry crust forming. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in bulk.
5) Punch the dough down and knead for a few minutes, then form the dough into a ball, roll in the remaining oil, cover and let rise again for 30 minutes.
6) Preheat the oven to 240° C (475° F).
7) Divide the dough into 2 balls. Roll each out separately on a floured board to the desired thickness.
8) Place on an oiled baking sheet. Spread with desired topping:
- Hunt's tomato sauce
- Thinly sliced mushrooms
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
- Cheddar cheese
9) If you have rolled the dough very thin and are using hot air, pizzas will be done in 8-12 minutes! Baking time could take as long as 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the dough and your oven.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -