* Exported from MasterCook II *
Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Mushrooms
Recipe By : Marian Russell
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
125 Grams Pasta per Person -- (4 1/2 ounces)
400 Grams Tomatoes,Canned -- (7 ounces)
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Basil,Fresh (or 1 tsp. dried) -- Chopped
1 Tablespoon Parsley,Fresh (or 1 tsp. dried) -- Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Black Pepper,Ground (to taste)
2 Tablespoons Butter (2 to 3 Tablespoons)
125 Grams Mushrooms,Sliced -- (4 1/2 ounces)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1) Heat some salted water for the pasta.
2) While the water is heating, put the first quantity of butter, the oil, the salt, the garlic, the parsley and the basil in one frying pan and turn the heat to medium. Saute the garlic until it is slightly golden. Be careful not to cook it too long or it will be bitter. As soon as the garlic reaches the right color, add the can of tomatoes.
3) Put the second quantity of butter and salt in another frying pan at the same time as step 2 and turn the heat to medium high. When the butter is melted, add the sliced mushrooms and saute them until they are shiny. Add the mushrooms to the tomato sauce.
4) As soon as the water boils, add the pasta of your choice and cook until al dente. While the pasta is boiling, continue to simmer the tomato mushroom sauce on a lower heat. The sauce is ready when all or most of the oil has been absorbed into the sauce. In any case, it should be ready when the pasta is done. Grind some black pepper into the sauce before serving.
5) While the pasta is cooking, grate some Parmesean cheese. The cheese can be placed in a large serving bowl, the hot drained pasta can be heaped on top of it and mixed well, and then the sauce dumped on top of the cheesy pasta.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -