* Exported from MasterCook II *
Lemon Broccoli Risotto
Recipe By : Gourmet Magazine - November
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Ethnic - Italian Pasta & Rice
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 Cups Chicken Broth
2 Cups Water
450 Grams Broccoli -- (1 pound)
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice,Fresh
1 Small Onion,Chopped Fine
1 Small Garlic Clove,Minced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cups Rice (Medium Grain, Rinsed Well)
1/2 Cup Parmesan,Freshly Grated
1) Cut the broccoli into florets, quartering them if large, and cut the stems into 1/2-inch dice.
2) In a large saucepan, bring the broth and water to a boil and simmer the broccoli florets for 3 minutes, or until they are just tender. Transfer them with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside.
3) Add the broccoli stems to the simmering broth, along with the zest and lemon juice and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
4) While the stems are cooling, in a large heavy saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened.
5) Stir the rice into the onion mixture. Keep stirring until each grain is coated with the oil.
6) Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth (including the broccoli stems) to the rice mixture, cooking over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly and letting each portion be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is tender but still al dente (the rice should take about 20 minutes to become al dente).
7) Stir in the reserved florets and simmer the risotto, stirring, until the florets are heated through.
8) Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -