* Exported from MasterCook II *
Grilled Fish, Mediterranean Style
Recipe By : Marian Russell
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:30
Categories : Main Dishes Fish & Shellfish
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Large Fish (Zahnbrassen) -- (approx. 1 lb total)
1/3 Cup Lemon Juice,Fresh
3/4 Cup Olive Oil
5 Cloves Garlic
1) Scale, gut and wash the fish, and dry with a paper towel.
2) Rub the fish inside and out with olive oil and sprinkle inside and out with salt. For large fish, score in two or three places on each side of the fish with a knife so that it cooks evenly.
3) Make a garlic, oil and lemon marinade using 3/4 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of lemon juice, 4 or 5 cloves of minced garlic and salt (about 1/2 tsp.) to taste. Pour a small amount of this over and inside the fish before cooking to marinate it.
4) Fish can be cooked in a heavy skillet on top of the stove. Turn the heat to medium high. When the pan is hot, pour a bit of the marinade in and then add the fish. Allow 5-6 minutes for very small fish and 10 minutes per 1 inch of thickness for large ones. About half way through the cooking time, turn the fish and add a bit more of the marinade. About two minutes before the end of the cooking time, pour in the rest of the marinade. This is to preserve some of the garlic from being overcooked.
5) Put the fish on a platter and pour all of the marinade from the pan over them. Serve with cooked asaparagus and warm, fresh French Bread (see recipe). Use the lemon sauce in the platter for the fish and as a dip for the bread and the asparagus. Serve with your favourite chilled white wine.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -