* Exported from MasterCook II *
Grilled Chicken Salad
Recipe By : Rosie Daley from "In the Kitchen
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main Dishes Bbq
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
5 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Basil
225 Grams Chicken Breast Filet (without skin) -- (8 ounces)
1 Red Onion, trimmed and sliced
Light Vegetable Cooking Oil
450 Grams Mixed Salad Greens (~ 6 cups) -- (1 pound)
1 Tablespoon Blue Cheese, crumbled
1 Medium Tomato, cored and wedged
4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves Garlic -- Peeled
2 Teaspoons Basil
1) Whisk together thoroughly the lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, black pepper, and basil in a large bowl and set aside.
2) Place the chicken on a sheet of plastic wrap spread on
a work surface and cover it with a second sheet. Pound gently with
a mallet. Lift the top sheet of plastic, flip the pieces of chicken
over and re-cover. Evenly pound the second side to a thickness of
3) Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the marinade and cover. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4) Preheat the grill or broiler.
5) Place the onion rounds in a single layer on a baking sheet
and spray lightly with the vegetable oil, turn them over and spray to coat
the other side. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place alongside
the onion rings. Grill or broil the onion rounds and the
chicken for 5 minutes per side. Let the chicken cool a bit, then slice thinly.
6) Spread an even amount of the mixed greens on 4 salad plates, scatter the onion rounds and then the sliced chicken on top. Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon blue cheese over each. Garnish with the tomato wedges.
7) Combine the dressing ingredients (lemon juice, vinegar,
garlic and basil) in a blender and mix at low speed until the garlic is
finely chopped. Spoon dressing onto the salads or serve it on the
Making Radish Rosettes
Trim the root end of each radish and slice about 1/8 inch squarely
off the top. Cut a cross into the radish, slicing about 2/3 of the
way down from the top. Turn the radish about 45 degrees and cut another
cross to create 8 equal segments. Cover the radishes with ice water
and soak for about 15 minutes until the rosettes fan open.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -