* Exported from MasterCook II *
Ginger Chicken and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
Recipe By : Cathy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Ethnic - Chinese Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
** Sauce Mixture **
1 Cup Chicken Broth or Water
2 Teaspoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
** Chicken and Vegetables **
500 Grams Chicken Breast Filet -- (1 1/4 pounds)
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Teaspoons Fresh Gingerroot, minced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
160 Grams Snow Peas, strings and stems removed -- (6 ounces)
1/3 Cup Scallions, thinly sliced (incl.green tops)
1) Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir well. Set aside.
2) Cut the chicken into strips about 1/2 inch wide and dry thoroughly on paper towels.
3) Heat the oil in a large skillet or a wok. When the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan and cook over high heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned and almost cooked through.
4) Add the gingerroot, garlic, and snow peas and cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Reduce the heat to medium high. Stir the sauce mixture again and pour it into the pan. Simmer, stirring freuently, for about 2 more minutes, until the sauce is clear and thickened, and the snow peas are crisp-tender.
6) Add the sliced scallions and stir them in.
7) Serve with plain hot rice.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : You may substitute leftover cooked chicken. Just brown it for a few seconds before adding the rest of the ingredients.