* Exported from MasterCook II *
Crepes with Chicken Filling
Recipe By : Kate Brislin
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :1:30
Categories : Ethnic - French Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
200 Grams Flour -- (7 ounces)
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Butter,Melted -- Crepes (end)
200 Grams Cooked Chicken -- (7 ounces)
2 Green Onions,Sliced
10 Large Mushrooms,Sliced
250 Grams Sour Cream -- (9 ounces)
Salt to taste
2 Cups Cheese,Grated
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/4 Cup White Wine
1) Measure dry ingredients into a bowl and stir in remaining ingredients. Beat with rotary beater until smooth.
2) For each crepe, lightly butter an 8 inch skillet and heat
it until the butter is bubbly. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet
and rotate it until the batter covers the bottom. Cook until light
brown, turn and brown on the other side.
For chicken filling:
1) Saute the green onions and mushrooms in the butter and white wine.
2) Add some cooked chicken, sour cream and salt to taste.
3) Fill the crepes and line a baking dish with them. Cover with the grated cheese and bake at 180° C (350° F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Garnish with sour cream while still warm and serve.
3 T. Flour
3 T. Butter
2 c. Milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Melt the butter and stir in the flour until the mixture is smooth. Let it bubble for 1 minute, stirring.
2) Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk, slowly and stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
3) Return the pan to the heat and simmer until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) One half of this sauce can be added to the chicken mixture. Use the other half to cover the filled crepes in the pan before topping with the cheese.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : For sweet crepes, add 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1/2 Teaspoon