* Exported from MasterCook II *
Coconut Baked Fish with Chutney Sauce
Recipe By : Michele Porter, Carpinteria,
CA (Lauretta Nagel)
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Fish & Shellfish Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Tablespoon Oil
1/2 Cup Butter
3 Tablespoons Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Ginger Powder
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
450 Grams Cod Fillets -- (1 pound)
** Sauce **
1/2 Cup Yogurt
1/4 Cup Fruit Chutney
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
1) Heat oven to 220° C (425° F).
2) Pour oil into a baking pan large enough to hold all of the fish filllets and tilt pan to coat evenly (alternatively, spray pan with Pam or cooking oil spray).
3) In a shallow bowl, mix butter, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic powder and ginger. Salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
4) In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut and bread crumbs.
5) Dip fish in butter mixture and coat with the bread crumb mixture.
6) Bake for 5 minutes, then turn fillets over and sprinkle with the remaining mixture. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes until fish is golden brown and flakes easily.
7) Mix all sauce ingredients.
8) Serve sauce over fish fillets and garnish with lemon and
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : The original recipe called for 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
and 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes, to be mixed with the butter, OJ and
LJ. I reduced the garlic powder and I omitted the red pepper flakes
so that my kids could eat it.