* Exported from MasterCook II *
Chocolate Mousse Pie
Recipe By : Carole A. Resnick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Ethnic - American Pies
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 Cups Chocolate Wafer Crumbs
1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
450 Grams Bittersweet Chocolate -- (16 ounces)
4 Egg Yolks
2 Cups Whipping Cream
6 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
4 Egg Whites
1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (or to taste)
1) Combine the crumbs with the butter and press on the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or chill in the freezer.
2) Soften the chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. (I used a large pyrex glass bowl set over a large pan of water, because all the ingredients are mixed into the chocolate and I didn't want to have to transfer the chocolate to another container.) Let cool to lukewarm.
3) Add the whole eggs and mix well. Add the egg yolks and mix until thoroughly blended.
4) Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Whip the 2 cups of cream with the 6 Tbsp. of sugar until soft peaks form. Stir a little of the cream and whites into the chocolate mixture. Fold in the remaining cream and whites until completely incorporated. Turn into the crust and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
5) Whip the remaining cream with sugar to taste until quite stiff and spread over the top of the mousse. Grate a small amount of bittersweet chocolate over the cream and return the pie to the fridge.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -