* Exported from MasterCook II *
Chicken with Sweet Yellow Pepper and Mushrooms
Recipe By : Marian Russell
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Ethnic - Chinese Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
300 Grams Chicken Breast Filet -- (10 ounces)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
1 Egg White
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
1 Large Onion
1 Clove Garlic,Minced
1 Tablespoon Ginger,Fresh,Finely Minced
85 Grams Bamboo Shoots or Mung Bean Sprouts -- 1/2 small can
1 Large Yellow Pepper,Sweet
3 Large Mushrooms
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Shortening
2 Teaspoons Corn Flour
2 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Sherry,Medium Dry (Cooking)
3 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1) Roughly chop the onion. Put it in a bowl and set aside.
2) Slice the garlic into thin rounds. Mince the ginger. Put the garlic and ginger into a small bowl and set aside.
3) Put the bamboo shoots in a small bowl and set aside.
4) Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Chop the caps into wedges and each stem in half into two cylinders. Put them into a small bowl and set aside.
4) Chop the yellow pepper into bite-sized pieces.
5) Wash and dry the chicken. Cut it into 2 inch strips that are about 1/2 inch wide. Put the chicken in a bowl, add the salt and mix well. Add 2 teaspoons of the corn flour and mix well. Add the egg white and mix well. Set the mixture aside.
6) In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tsp. corn flour, 2 T. sherry and 2 T. water and set aside.
7) In another small bowl, mix together the 3 T. water, 2 T. soy sauce and 1 T. sugar and set aside.
8) Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. When hot, stir fry the chicken until the pink color is gone and it is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan into a clean bowl.
9) Melt the vegetable shortening in the same skillet. When melted, add the chopped onion and stir fry until it becomes shiny and loses its sharpness - about 3 minutes.
10) Add the garlic and ginger to the onions and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
11) Add the bamboo shoots and stir fry for 1 minute.
12) Add the yellow pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
13) Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.
14) Add the soy mixture and return the chicken to the pan. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
15) Add the sherry mixture and stir fry for an additional 30 seconds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : Serve with Japanese White Rice (see recipe)