* Exported from MasterCook II *
Recipe By : Ginny Burke-Kasper
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :3:00
Categories : Ethnic - Malaysian Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
450 Grams Chicken Breast Filet -- (1 pound)
1 Cup Shrimp
450 Grams Beef Filet -- (1 pound)
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Large Onion,Chopped
1/2 Cup Green Onions,Chopped
1 Teaspoon Ground Corriander
1 1/2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper,Ground
15 Blanched Almonds,Toasted
1/2 Cup Peanut Oil
2 Teaspoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Cups Chinese Cabbage,Shredded
1 Cup Carrots,Chopped
3 Green Onions,Chopped
1/8 Cup Oil
450 Grams Egg Noodles,Dry -- (1 pound)
1) Cook the noodles al dente. Drain well and rinse in cold water to remove starch. Set aside in the strainer to drain for at least 1 hour.
2) Blanch and toast the almonds: Dump them in boiling water for 1 minute, drain, skin and roast in the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Slice the beef thin and put into a bowl with 1/4 cup of the peanut oil, 1 clove of the garlic, all of the onion, 1/2 teaspoon corriander, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
4) Slice the chicken into thin strips and put into a bowl with 1/4 cup of the peanut oil, the remaining garlic, remaining corriander and remaining cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon of the curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
5) In separate skillets, cook the beef and the chicken until done.
6) Make the egg pancakes: Mix the eggs with the flour, sugar, soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix them like scrambled eggs and then strain them through a sieve to remove any lumps. Cook them in a non-stick skillet using about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Stack them on top of one another and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
7) Stir fry the cabbage, green onions and carrots in a little oil. Add shrimp at the end, to warm them.
8) Mix 1/8 cup peanut oil with the remaining curry powder in a large serving bowl. Mix in the noodles, then the vegetables, then the meat, then the pancakes and garnish with the roasted almonds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -