* Exported from MasterCook II *
Baked Prawns with Asparagus
Recipe By : Marcella Hazan, Marcella's Kitchen
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:40
Categories : Ethnic - Italian Main Dishes
Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
300 Grams Asparagus -- (2/3 pound)
300 Grams Prawns (weight after cleaning) -- (2/3 pound)
150 Grams Potatoes (peeled weight) -- (5 ounces)
25 Grams Butter -- (1 ounce)
1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
4 Tablespoons Heavy Cream or Milk
25 Grams Parmesan Cheese,Grated -- (1 ounce)
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese,Grated
Black Pepper,Freshly Ground
1) Cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling water until you can easily pierce them to the center with a fork (about 25 to 30 minutes).
2) Defrost and cut the asparagus into pieces 1-1/2 inches long.
3) Run the frozen shrimp under hot water to defrost them.
4) When the potatoes are done, peel them and put them in a large bowl. Mash them with a fork or potato masher. Mix in the milk or cream and the first amount of Parmesan. Then grind in some black pepper to taste (and add some salt to taste, if desired).
5) Put the chopped onion, the olive oil and about 1 tsp. of butter into a skillet, turn the heat to medium and saute until the onion is browned. Add the asparagus, turn up the heat to medium high and saute for two or three minutes.
6) Pour the asparagus mixture into the potato mixture, including any juices from the pan. Add the shrimp and mix everything together very gently.
7) Butter a flat baking dish about 7 x 4 inches. Press the mixture into the dish, sprinkle with the 2 Tablespoons of Parmesan and dot with the remaining butter.
8) Bake in the uppermost part of the oven at 230° C (450° F) for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to settle for 5 minutes before serving.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Serving Ideas : Zucchini with Vinegar and Mint + a dry white wine